Gemstonesare not just beautiful pieces of jewelrybut are also associated with various meanings and beliefs. Every month has a birthstone associated with it, but what is the gemstone for March? The gemstone for this month is Aquamarine.
Aquamarine is a beautiful blue-green gemstone that has been cherished by people for centuries. In this article, we will explore the history, meaning, and significance of Aquamarine as the birthstone for March.
Aquamarine is a member of the beryl family of minerals, which also includes emeralds. The name "aquamarine" comes from the Latin words "aqua" and "marina," meaning "water" and "sea," respectively.
This gemstone has been valued for its beauty and healing properties since ancient times. The ancient Greeks and Romans believed that aquamarine could protect sailors and ensure a safe voyage. In medieval times, it was believed to have healing powers and was used to treat various ailments.
Aquamarine is associated with the throat chakra, which is located in the neck area and is associated with communication and self-expression. This gemstone is believed to help people express their thoughts and emotions clearly and effectively.
It is also associated with calmness and serenity and is believed to have a soothing effect on the mind and body.
Aquamarine is also associated with courage and fearlessness. It is believed to give people the strength to overcome their fears and face challenges with confidence. In addition, it is believed to have a positive effect on relationships and is often given as a gift to express loveand commitment.
The Metaphysical Properties of Aquamarine! Aquamarine Energy.
Aquamarine is a relatively hard gemstone with a hardness of 7.5 to 8 on the Mohs scale. It is a variety of beryl, which is a mineral that is composed of beryllium aluminum silicate.
Aquamarine is usually a light blue or blue-green color, but can also be found in other colors, such as yellow and pink. The color of aquamarine is determined by the amount of iron in the crystal structure. The more iron, the darker the blue-green color.
Aquamarine is often used as a substitute for diamondsin engagement rings, as it is less expensive but still has a beautiful and elegant appearance.
Aquamarine jewelry is not just beautiful but also valuable. To ensure its longevity and keep it looking as good as new, it is essential to take proper care of it. In this section, we will discuss some tips on how to care for aquamarine jewelry.
- Store Your Aquamarine Jewelry Properly.When not in use, it is important to store your aquamarine jewelry in a safe place. Keep it in a jewelry boxor a soft pouch to protect it from scratches and dust. Avoid storing your aquamarine jewelry with other jewelry pieces as they can scratch each other.
- Avoid Exposure to Extreme Heat and Chemicals.Aquamarine is a delicate gemstone that can be damaged by heat and chemicals. Avoid exposing your aquamarine jewelry to extreme heat, such as direct sunlight or hot water. Also, avoid exposing it to chemicals, such as perfumes, lotions, and cleaning products, as they can damage the gemstone.
- Clean Your Aquamarine Jewelry Regularly.To keep your aquamarine jewelry looking its best, clean it regularly with a soft cloth and mild soap. Use warm water to wash your jewelry and gently scrub it with a soft-bristled brush. Rinse it thoroughly and dry it with a soft cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or ultrasonic cleaners to clean your aquamarine jewelry.
- Have Your Aquamarine Jewelry Inspected and Repaired Regularly.Regular inspections can help identify any damage to your aquamarine jewelry, such as loose or missing stones, worn prongs, or other issues that can cause damage. If you notice any damage, have your jewelry repaired by a professional jeweler to ensure that it is done correctly and safely.
- Wear Your Aquamarine Jewelry with Care.Aquamarine jewelry is delicate and can be easily damaged. To avoid damage, remove your aquamarine jewelry before doing any strenuous activities, such as sports, cleaning, or gardening. Avoid wearing your jewelry in the shower or swimming pool as the chlorine in the water can damage the gemstone.
Aquamarine jewelry is a perfect choice for a variety of occasions, from casual events to formal occasions.
However, choosing the right piece of aquamarine jewelry can be challenging, especially if you're not sure where to start. In this section, we will discuss how to choose aquamarine jewelry for different occasions.
- Casual Occasions:For casual occasions such as brunches, shopping trips, or outings with friends, choose simple and understated pieces of aquamarine jewelry. A pair of aquamarine stud earrings, a delicate aquamarine pendant necklace, or a simple aquamarine bracelet can add a touch of elegance to your casual outfit without overwhelming it.
- Formal Occasions:For formal occasions such as weddings, galas, or black-tie events, choose statement pieces of aquamarine jewelry that complement your outfit. Aquamarine cocktail rings, chandelier earrings, or statement necklaces can make a bold statement and add a touch of glamour to your outfit.
Aquamarine, the gemstone for March, is believed to represent courage, creativity, and mental clarity. In ancient times, it was considered a symbol of youth, hope, and health, and it was believed to protect sailors and promote safe travel across the seas.
Aquamarine, the March birthstone, is usually not as expensive as diamonds or emeralds, which are also precious stones. Aquamarines with a deep, rich blue color, no imperfections, and a high-carat weight is, however, the most expensive. Depending on its quality, color, and size, the price of an aquamarine can range from a few dollars per carat to several hundred dollars per carat.
March birthstonesinclude aquamarine, bloodstone, heliotrope, and jasper. Bloodstone is a green gemstone with red streaks that heals and strengthens. Heliotrope, commonly known as blood jasper, is a green gemstone with crimson dots thought to protect. Jasper, a multicolored gemstone, promotes balance, harmony, and tranquillity.
Aquamarine is a beautiful gemstone that has been valued for its beauty and healing properties for centuries. It is associated with the throat chakra, courage, fearlessness, and positive relationships.
Aquamarine is a popular gemstone for jewelry and decorative purposes and is often used as a substitute for diamonds in engagement rings. If you or someone you know was born in March, consider giving them a gift of aquamarine jewelry to celebrate their birth month and show them how much you care.