This classic style has been a popular choice for decades and is still as stylish and trendy today as it was years ago.
The oval shape gives the illusion of a larger stone and elongates the finger, making it a flattering choice for many women.
Engagement ringsin the shape of an oval have been popular for several centuries, and the first known example of an oval-cut diamond dates back to the 1300s.
However, the oval cut did not become popular until the 1960s, when it was created by Lazare Kaplan, a diamond cutter from New York. Before that time, the round cut was the most common.
Since that time, the oval cut has continued to be a popular choice for engagement rings, and many famous people, like Blake Lively and Hailey Bieber, have been seen wearing this classic style.
There are many reasons to choose an oval engagement ring. First and foremost, they are timeless and elegant, making them a perfect choice for someone who wants a classic style that will never go out of fashion.
Additionally, the elongated shape of the oval cut makes the stone appear larger, making it a popular choice for those who want a bigger-looking diamond without a higher price tag.
Oval engagement rings are also versatile and can be set in a variety of ways. They can be set in a solitaire setting for a classic look, or they can be surrounded by smaller stones for added sparkle.
The elongated shape of the oval cut also makes it a popular choice for a three-stone setting, where the center stone is flanked by two smaller stones.
When choosing an oval engagement ring, it's important to consider a few things. First, you'll want to consider the 4Cs of diamonds: cut, clarity, color, and carat weight.
The cut of the diamond is especially important for an oval-shaped stone, as it can affect the stone's brilliance and sparkle. Look for a stone with a good or excellent cut grade for maximum sparkle.
Oval Diamond Ultimate Buying Guide - 5 Critical Tips On Buying Your Engagement Ring
Additionally, you'll want to consider the setting of the ring. A solitaire setting will showcase the beauty of the oval cut, while a halo setting will add additional sparkle and make the center stone appear larger.
When choosing an oval engagement ring, one of the key considerations is the band that will complement the center stone. The right band can enhance the beauty of the oval-cut diamond and make the ring even more stunning.
Here are some tips to help you find the perfect band to compliment your oval engagement ring:
- Consider the metal- One of the first things to consider is the metal for your band. Some popular choices include platinum, yellow gold, rose gold, and white gold. Each metal has its unique look and feel, so it's important to choose one that complements the stone and your personal style.
- Look for a complementary shape- The oval shape of the center stone can be enhanced by a band that complements its shape. One option is a curved band that mimics the shape of the oval stone. This type of band can help create a cohesive and polished look.
- Consider the width of the band- The width of the band is another factor to consider when choosing a band for your oval engagement ring. A wider band can make the ring look more substantial and add visual weight to the design. Conversely, a thinner band can create a more delicate look.
- Mix and match metals- For a unique look, consider mixing and matching metals for your engagement ring and band. For example, you could choose a platinum band for your oval engagement ring and a rose gold wedding band. This can create a beautiful contrast and add visual interest to the overall design.
- Add some sparkle- If you want to add even more sparkle to your engagement ring, consider a band with diamonds or other gemstones. A diamond band can add extra sparkle and enhance the beauty of the center stone. Alternatively, a band with colored gemstones can add a pop of color and create a unique and personalized look.
- Consider the setting- The setting of your engagement ring can also influence the type of band you choose. For example, if your oval engagement ring is set in a halo setting with smaller diamonds around the center stone, a simple band may be the best choice to avoid overcrowding the design.
- Think about your lifestyle- It's also important to choose a band that fits your lifestyle. If you have an active lifestyle, you may want to choose a band that is more durable and able to withstand daily wear and tear. Similarly, if you work with your hands, you may want to choose a band that sits flush against your finger to avoid snagging or catching on to objects.
- Customize your band- Finally, consider customizing your band to make it truly unique. You could add engravings or other personalized touches to create a one-of-a-kind ring that reflects your loveand commitment.
Best Wedding Band Pairings for Oval Cuts
The cost of an oval engagement ring can vary greatly depending on factors such as the quality and size of the diamond, as well as the type of band and setting. It's important to set a budget that you're comfortable with and then shop around to find a ring that fits within that budget.
Yes, oval engagement rings have become increasingly popular in recent years. Many people are drawn to the elegant and timeless look of the oval shape, as well as the way it can elongate the fingers and create a flattering appearance on the hand.
Pros of an oval engagement ring include the elongated shape that can create a flattering appearance, as well as the fact that the oval shape tends to be more unique and less common than traditional round diamonds. Cons may include the fact that the elongated shape can sometimes make the diamond appear smaller than it actually is, and oval diamonds may be more prone to chipping or cracking due to their elongated shape.
To clean your oval engagement ring, simply soak it in a solution of warm water and mild dish soap for a few minutes, then gently scrub with a soft-bristled brush. Be sure to rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft, lint-free cloth. To care for your ring, avoid wearing it during activities that may cause it to come into contact with hard surfaces or chemicals, and have it professionally cleaned and inspected periodically to ensure that the setting and diamond are secure.
In conclusion, an oval engagement ring is a timeless and elegant choice that is perfect for someone who wants a classic style with a unique twist.
With its elongated shape and versatility, an oval-cut diamond can be set in a variety of ways to create a ring that is both beautiful and meaningful.
When choosing an oval engagement ring, consider the 4Cs of diamonds, the setting of the ring, and the metal of the band to ensure that you find the perfect ring to symbolize your love and commitment.