Choker Necklaces For Girls - A Trendy Accessory That's Here To Stay
In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about choker necklaces for girls, from their history to the different types available in the market today.
Choker necklaces for girls have become a popular fashion accessory in recent years. From casual to formal outfits, chokers have become an essential item for any fashion-forward girl's wardrobe.
The trend has been around for decades, but it has made a major comeback in the past few years.
A Brief History Of Choker Necklaces
Choker necklaces have a long and fascinating history that spans multiple cultures and time periods.
COPYRIGHT_BER: Published on https://www.bernardine.com/choker-necklaces-for-girls/ by Barbara Mitchell on 2023-03-31T03:45:21.148Z
Dating back to ancient civilizations like the Egyptians and Sumerians, choker necklaces were often made from precious materials like gold and silver and were worn by both men and women.
In these early societies, choker necklaces were often used to symbolize power and status.
In the 19th century, choker necklaces experienced a resurgence in popularity among the Victorian elite.
During this time, chokers were often made from more delicate materials like velvet, ribbon, and lace, and were used to display wealth and social standing.
In the 1990s, choker necklaces once again became a popular fashion accessory. This time, however, they were worn by a wider range of people, including celebrities and fashion icons like Drew Barrymore and Gwen Stefani.
To this day, choker necklaces remain one of the most popular and adaptable accessories available. There are a wide number of choker necklace designs available to choose from, making them suitable for a wide range of personal preferences.
The trend of wearing choker necklaces at the time was emblematic of the grunge and punk subcultures that were prevalent in fashion.
In the early 2000s, the craze began to lose popularity, but in more recent years, it has experienced a significant revival.
Types Of Choker Necklaces
Types of choker with names||THE TRENDY GIRL
Choker necklaces come in different styles and materials. The most common materials used for choker necklaces are velvet, leather, lace, and metal. Some choker necklaces have pendants or charms attached to them, while others are plain.
One popular type of choker necklace is the tattoo choker necklace. This type of choker is made from a stretchy plastic material that resembles a tattoo. It is popular among teenagers and young adults and is often worn as a casual accessory.
Another popular type of choker necklace is the velvet choker. This type of choker is soft and comfortable to wear and is often embellished with a pendant or charm. Velvet chokers are a popular choice for formal occasions.
Leather chokers are also popular among girls who prefer a more edgy look. They are often embellished with studs, spikes, or metal accents. Leather chokers are versatile and can be worn with both casual and formal outfits.
DIY Choker Necklaces - Creating Unique And Personalized Accessories
Making your own choker necklaces can be a pleasant and entertaining do-it-yourself hobby to undertake.
Not only does it enable you to personalize the accessory to your preferences, but it also presents an opportunity for you to add one-of-a-kind pieces to your jewelry collection in a cost-effective manner.
In this section, we are going to go over how to construct your own choker necklaces, the materials that you will need, as well as some design ideas to get you started.
The materials you will need to make your own choker necklace will depend on the style and design you choose. However, some essential items you will need include:
- Ribbon or cord - This will be the base of your choker necklace. You can choose any color or material that you like, such as velvet, leather, or satin.
- Clasps - You will need a clasp to fasten your choker necklace. Lobster clasps are a popular choice, but you can also use hook-and-eye clasps or magnetic clasps.
- Jump rings - These are small metal rings that you will use to attach the clasp to your choker necklace.
- Charms or pendants - You can add any type of charm or pendant to your choker necklace to personalize it. Some popular options include initials, birthstones, or nature-inspired designs.
Once you have gathered your materials, you can begin making your choker necklace. Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Measure your neck - Use a measuring tape to determine the length of your choker necklace. Add a few extra inches to the measurement to ensure a comfortable fit.
- Cut your ribbon or cord - Cut the ribbon or cord to the desired length. You can use scissors or a jewelry cutter to do this.
- Attach the clasp - Use jump rings to attach the clasp to the ends of the ribbon or cord. Make sure the clasp is securely attached.
- Add charms or pendants - Use jump rings to attach any charms or pendants to your choker necklace. You can add as many or as few as you like.
There are endless design possibilities when it comes to making your own choker necklaces. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Layered choker necklaces - Create a layered look by making multiple choker necklaces of different lengths and styles. You can mix and match materials and add different charms or pendants to each one.
- Beaded choker necklaces - String beads onto your ribbon or cord to create a beaded choker necklace. You can use any type of bead you like, such as pearls, crystals, or seed beads.
- Wrapped choker necklaces - Wrap a thin piece of wire around your ribbon or cord and add beads or charms to create a wrapped choker necklace. This style adds a unique and textured look to your choker.
- Leather choker necklaces - Use leather cord instead of ribbon or cord to create a more edgy and rustic look. Add metal accents or studs for a bold statement.
How To Wear Choker Necklaces
Choker necklaces can be styled in a variety of manners, each appropriate for a particular setting and ensemble. A straightforward tattoo choker necklace or an unadorned leather choker are two options for accessorizing casual clothing.
How To Wear A Choker // Choker Styling // IMLVH
A cocktail dress or a gown can look stunning when accessorized with a velvet choker that features a pendant or charm when worn to formal events.
When it comes to layering choker necklaces, it is essential to select necklaces that are complementary to one another and work well together.
A choker made of velvet and a long necklace can be worn in a layered fashion to create a boho style. An edgy appearance may be achieved by combining a leather choker with a delicate chain necklace as a layering piece.
People Also Ask
What Are Choker Necklaces?
Choker necklaces are a type of necklace that fits closely around the neck. They can be made from a variety of materials and come in a range of styles, from simple and elegant to bold and statement-making.
How Do You Wear Choker Necklaces?
Choker necklaces can be worn in a variety of ways, depending on the style and your personal preference. Some popular ways to wear choker necklaces include layering them with longer necklaces, pairing them with off-the-shoulder tops, or using them to add a pop of color to a monochromatic outfit.
What Occasions Are Choker Necklaces Appropriate For?
Choker necklaces can be worn for a variety of occasions, from casual outings with friends to formal events like weddings and galas. The key is to choose a style that complements your outfit and the overall vibe of the occasion.
What Are Some Popular Choker Necklace Styles?
There are many popular choker necklace styles to choose from, including classic velvet chokers, delicate chain chokers, bohemian-inspired beaded chokers, and edgy leather chokers. The style you choose will depend on your personal taste and the look you're going for.
Choker necklaces for girls are a trendy accessory that has made a major comeback in recent years. From the ancient civilizations to the Victorian era and the 1990s grunge movement, choker necklaces have been around for centuries.
Today, choker necklaces come in different styles and materials, and they can be worn in different ways depending on the occasion and the outfit. Whether you prefer a simple tattoo choker or a luxurious velvet choker, choker necklaces are here to stay.